* Helps kids discover all the healthcare helpers who keep them well * Children relate these "buddies" to their own experiences, so this book is a natural giveaway for health professionals * Buddies include Doctors; Nurses; X-ray technologists; Emergency Medical Service technicians; Physical therapists; Pharmacists (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Features Timmy the Dinosaur and his friend Tina, who didn't want to wear a helmet! How she learned her lesson is sure to have a lasting impact on children. Other lessons include: * What to check on a bike before you ride * How to wear a helmet properly * How to use a bike hand signals and obey traffic rules * For grades 1-3.
Teaches children how to protect themselves from abuse by "bad" strangers. Presented in a non-threatening manner for children. Topics include: * How to avoid "tricks" strangers may use * What to do (and not do) in the street, in stores and at home alone * Good vs. bad touching * Phone smarts and how to use 9-1-1 * People to talk to if the child needs help. 16 pages. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Includes the latest Centers for Disease Control guidelines for education on being tobacco-free and a "tobacco-free" pledge for kids to sign after they finish the book * Shows children Why it's smart not to start smoking cigarettes or using other forms of tobacco; How smoking can hurt them and interfere with sports and other activities. (Grades: 1-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* Our exclusive character Cool Cat teaches kids how to stay healthy * Includes puzzles and lively text * Covers the importance of: Stopping germs from spreading; Keeping teeth clean and healthy; Eating from the five food groups daily; Getting enough exercise; Staying away from drugs; Only taking medicine from trusted adults; and much more. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* Cool Cat uses fun puzzles to help kids learn valuable safety lessons * Includes Calling 9-1-1 in an emergency; Only taking medicine from a trusted adult; Staying away from hot things that can burn; Wearing protective gear for sports; Keeping safe around water; Wearing a seat belt in the car * Covers poison safety, sun safety, gun safety, drug safety, and more. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Fun-to-do activities help 4th through 6th graders learn key rules so they can take responsibility for their own safety. Youngsters are taught: * How to recognize dangerous situations * How to prevent accidents * What to do in an emergency * And much more! Covers bicycles, the Internet, summer safety, Halloween safety, gun safety and more. 16 pages. For grades 4-6.
* Informative book offers 101 things youngsters should know about tobacco that will encourage them to stay tobacco-free * Topics include Tobacco's harmful ingredients: its effects on health and appearance; Nicotine addiction; The tricks of tobacco advertising; How much tobacco use costs; Dangers of secondhand smoke; and more * Grades 4-6
Practicing family fire escape plans is vital to surviving home fires. Easy-to-follow text, illustrations and fun activities teach youngsters all about family escape plans. They also learn about: * Checking Smoke Detectors * Stop, Drop and Roll * Reporting Fires * And more. Notes to parents on each page about family fire escape plans add to the book's value. Be sure to personalize this useful book. For Grades 3-4.
Helps children learn about their local police officers. Topics include: * What a police officer does * What makes up an officer's uniform * How officers are human, with families of their own * How someone becomes a police officer. Bilingual version in both English and Spanish (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
With sensitivity, this book teaches children that their body is special. Valuable for helping children learn on their own or with an adult's guidance about personal safety. Includes: The difference between safe and unsafe touches; What to say if someone's touches or request for touches makes them feel upset; Who to talk to for help; and more. Grades: K-3.
Teaches each child, "Your body is special and it's all yours!" Includes: * The difference between good and bad touches * What to say if someone makes them feel upset with touches or requests touches * Who to confide in if they need help * How to get away from people who make them feel uncomfortable. Includes both English and Spanish versions. Grades: K-3.
* A great introduction to general good health * Features good habits like Washing hands; Brushing teeth; Bathing; Exercising; Eating properly; Having regular medical checkups; Taking medicine when needed; Covering your mouth when sneezing; Getting enough sleep. Includes both English and Spanish. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* Children share the adventures of Timmy and Tina as they go to the emergency room * Includes simple text, delightful drawings and many easy-to-do activities * Teach young kids about The people who work in the emergency room; The equipment they'll see; The procedures they'll encounter. Bilingual version in both English and Spanish. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
With sensitivity, this book teaches children that their body is special. Valuable for helping children learn on their own or with an adult's guidance about personal safety. Includes: The difference between safe and unsafe touches; What to say if someone's touches or request for touches makes them feel upset; Who to talk to for help; and more. Grades: K-3. Bilingual version in both English and Spanish.
Builds the self-esteem and morale of children who have one or both parents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. The book points out some of the special circumstances military kids deal with and how these can be seen as exciting challenges and advantages, such as traveling to other cities and countries and getting to meet different kinds of people. With fun and engaging activities and simple text. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
It's not easy saying goodbye to a parent who is being deployed, even if it's just for a short time. This book helps children learn how to cope with their feelings and how to make the most of the period they're apart. It assures them of their deployed parent's love and provides tips for writing letters and helping out by doing their best at school and doing chores at home. For grades K to 3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
This easy-to-read book was written for children whose parent is soon to return home from deployment. It tells children what they can expect and how they help make the homecoming a celebration. Reunion is often a time of stress and adjustment for families, and the book also helps children identify and deal with their own feelings. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Explains the dangers of fire and teaches children to stay away from matches, lighters, candles, stoves, and other sources of flames. Plus, kids learn how to call 9-1-1, how to escape a fire safely, and more. Your own personal message is imprinted on front cover. For grades 1 -2.