Our extensive line of fun and informative activity books are exactly what you need to introduce important topics, such as bullying awareness, nutrition, and safety, to children. Many of our activity books are imprintable, and you can even have our activity books fully customized!
Help youngsters understand the basics of healthy eating. Book's fun activities make it easy to learn: * How the new MyPlate icon can help them eat healthy at every meal * What the food groups are and which foods are their best choice in each * How to snack for good health * Why choose water over sweetened drinks * How to enjoy fruits and veggies more * What to eat at fast food restaurants * And much more. Encourages healthy habits for life. (Grades: K-3)
Half the book (8 pages) teaches kids about the dangers of drugs and how to band together with friends and grownups to stay drug free. The second half (8 pages) discusses bullying and what kids can do to put an end to it. Defines different types of bullying, including cyberbullying. Fun throughout. 16 pages. (Grades 1-3)
* Helps youngsters understand the basics of healthy eating * Fun activities make it easy for kids to learn: How the new MyPlate icon can help them eat healthy at every meal; What the food groups are and which foods are their best choice in each; How to snack for good health; Why choose water over sweetened drinks; How to enjoy fruits and veggies more; What to eat at fast food restaurants; and much more. * Encourage healthy habits for life. * Grades Pre K-K
* 12 pages to help children learn why eating from one of the five major food groups is good for them * Grade appropriate activities make learning about good nutrition a fun adventure * 4 pages for parents and guardians teach them the MyPlate meal concept and ways to encourage children to eat well-balanced meals daily * Includes family healthy recipes the whole family will enjoy * This book concentrates on the food group of vegetables found in the MyPlate meal concept * Grades: 1-2
Safety is a family affair when it comes to emergency preparedness. This 16-page book helps children learn what to do and what to expect when disaster threatens. Includes tips for assembling an emergency supply kit, creating and using a family communication plan, and how to stay safe in case of a flood, hurricane, tornado, fire and other common disasters. For grades 4-6.
Teaches children their role in making school bus rides safe and peaceful, including how to deal with bullying. Presents safety rules for walking to the bus stop, waiting there, and riding the bus. Also encourages children to respect other riders, the driver, and property. 16 pages. (Grades 2-4)
Research shows that teaching children empathy makes them less likely to engage in bullying and more likely to stand up for what's right. This book uses simple language and engaging activities to show children what it means to be kind and empathetic to everyone, including themselves. Grades 1-3
Teaches children to be aware of their surroundings and their behavior in order to avoid injuring themselves or others. Covers safety at home, at play and while traveling about-both in and out of the car. Topics include poisons, fire safety, bicycling, stranger danger, walking, water safety, hazardous weather, what to do in an emergency and more. 16 pages. For grades 3-4.
Friendly police officer characters teach children practical ways to protect themselves from becoming victims of crime. Includes checking first with parents, being home alone, what to do if you see a crime, and more. Fun activities reinforce the messages. The book also contains a four-page Just for Parents and Guardians section that provides valuable tips for keeping home and family safe.
Fun activity book teaches children how to be safe at home, at play, and while getting around in their community. Provides safety rules for walking, skating, bicycling, playground activities, and more, as well what to know about stranger danger and calling 9-1-1. Activities reinforce safety messages. 16 pages.
This 2-in-1 book helps children learn how to avoid being bullied and gives parents ways to reinforce the lessons. Children will learn the basics of: * What Bullies Are * How To Avoid Them * How To Feel Good About Yourself * Who To Talk To If Bullies Are A Problem * And more. Unique 4-page booklet in center for adults provides tips on helping your child avoid being bullied or behaving like a bully. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
This book helps both kids and parents learn vital personal safety lessons. Children absorb rules such as always Check First With Your Parent Or Guardian Before Going Anywhere With Anyone, Even If You Know The Person. They Learn How to stay safe: * in the street * in stores * at home alone * on the Internet. Four pages for parents include tips for protecting their children, along with situations to act out as a teaching tool, and ways to build self-esteem, a defense against being lured by dangerous strangers. (Grades: 1-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
From encouraging kids to be "active" to urging them to add "zest" to life by becoming fit, Fitness Is Fun introduces 26 basic concepts about physical activity and health. Each letter of the alphabet focuses on a different topic, such as bones, calories, nutrition, posture-right through to Z. Lively illustrations and fun activities help bring the messages to life. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* A friendly bar of soap (Splish) and drop of water (Splash) show that when they get together, magic happens in the form of clean, healthy hands * Simple text and activities teach kids how and when to wash their hands, why hand hygiene is so important and other ways they can keep germs from spreading (Grades: K-3)
Steve the firefighter takes readers on a tour of a typical fire station. Kids learn about fire trucks, firefighters' gear and important fire-safety rules. The 12 children's pages use fun activities to reinforce the lessons. The 4-page section for parents and guardians includes important tips for home fire safety. For Grades Pre-K to K.
* Informative book offers 101 things youngsters should know about tobacco that will encourage them to stay tobacco-free * Topics include Tobacco's harmful ingredients: its effects on health and appearance; Nicotine addiction; The tricks of tobacco advertising; How much tobacco use costs; Dangers of secondhand smoke; and more (Grades 4-6)
Includes the latest Centers for Disease Control guidelines for education on being tobacco-free and a "tobacco-free" pledge for kids to sign after they finish the book * Shows children Why it's smart not to start smoking cigarettes or using other forms of tobacco; How smoking can hurt them and interfere with sports and other activities. (Grades: 1-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Discusses 101 significant contributions made by African Americans over 300 years. From milestones in the struggle for freedom to the cure for motion sickness to jazz, children will learn that African Americans have changed our nation for the better in many ways. 16 pages (Grades 3-6)
Help children learn who the pharmacist is and what he or she does to help children feel better. With color-in pages and simple text, the book explains why the pharmacist is a trusted member of the community. It shows how the pharmacist gets prescriptions ready. It also reminds youngsters how to take medicines safely. Educational activities help reinforce what they learn.
* A great introduction to general good health * Features good habits like Washing hands; Brushing teeth; Bathing; Exercising; Eating properly; Having regular medical checkups; Taking medicine when needed; Covering your mouth when sneezing; Getting enough sleep. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99