Teaches each child, "Your body is special and it's all yours!" Includes: * The difference between good and bad touches * What to say if someone makes them feel upset with touches or requests touches * Who to confide in if they need help * How to get away from people who make them feel uncomfortable. Grades: K-3.
* A great introduction to general good health * Features good habits like Washing hands; Brushing teeth; Bathing; Exercising; Eating properly; Having regular medical checkups; Taking medicine when needed; Covering your mouth when sneezing; Getting enough sleep. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* Children share the adventures of Timmy and Tina as they go to the emergency room * Includes simple text, delightful drawings and many easy-to-do activities * Teach young kids about The people who work in the emergency room; The equipment they'll see; The procedures they'll encounter. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
With sensitivity, this book teaches children that their body is special. Valuable for helping children learn on their own or with an adult's guidance about personal safety. Includes: * The difference between safe and unsafe touches * What to say if someone's touches or request for touches makes them feel upset * And more. Grades: K-3.
This book helps children learn about what a sheriff does and how they help the community. It also teaches them what makes up a sheriff's uniform and how to become a sheriff. For Grades (K-3)
Builds the self-esteem and morale of children who have one or both parents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. The book points out some of the special circumstances military kids deal with and how these can be seen as exciting challenges and advantages, such as traveling to other cities and countries and getting to meet different kinds of people. With fun and engaging activities and simple text. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
It's not easy saying goodbye to a parent who is being deployed, even if it's just for a short time. This book helps children learn how to cope with their feelings and how to make the most of the period they're apart. It assures them of their deployed parent's love and provides tips for writing letters and helping out by doing their best at school and doing chores at home. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
This easy-to-read book was written for children whose parent is soon to return home from deployment. It tells children what they can expect and how they help make the homecoming a celebration. Reunion is often a time of stress and adjustment for families, and the book also helps children identify and deal with their own feelings. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Explains the dangers of fire and teaches children to stay away from matches, lighters, candles, stoves, and other sources of flames. Plus, kids learn how to call 9-1-1, how to escape a fire safely , and more. Your own personal message is imprinted on front cover. For Grades 1 -2.
* A friendly bar of soap (Splish) and drop of water (Splash) show that when they get together, magic happens in the form of clean, healthy hands * Simple text and activities teach kids how and when to wash their hands, why hand hygiene is so important and other ways they can keep germs from spreading (Grades: K-3)
Moving is a fact of life for military families and this book helps kids think positively about their next relocation. It gives them tips and fun activities to help them get ready, such as: * Research your new locale * Find out about youth sponsorship * Make a memory book * And more. It also provides tips on: * Adjusting to a new home * Getting settled in a new school * Making new friends. For grades 3-5.
* Perky bears help prepare young children for a hospital stay * Features coloring and activity pages * Includes An introduction to the hospital; All about stethoscopes, x-rays, IX's; Hospital meals; Visiting hours, Playrooms; and much more * Grades K-3
* Helps relieve a child's anxiety over going to an emergency room * Clearly shows kids what doctors and nurses do, and in simple language tells children what to expect * Includes: * Blood tests; Shots; Stitches; Casts; X-rays; and much more. (Grades:K-3) (People Edition) Bilingual-English/Spanish Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Teaches children how to protect themselves from abuse by "bad" strangers. Presented in a non-threatening manner for children. Topics include: * How to avoid "tricks" strangers may use * What to do (and not do) in the street, in stores and at home alone * Good vs. bad touching * Phone smarts and how to use 911 * People to talk to if the child needs help. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Promote good citizenship with six colorful designs. Each sticker contains symbols and themes that are associated with love of country: the flag, the American bald eagle and more. One sticker tells kids to remind adults to vote.
Reflective stickers alert firefighters to areas of the home where those especially vulnerable may not be able to escape quickly from a fire. Back of stickers instruct recipients as to proper placement and also list home fire safety program tips.
Easy-to-follow steps in English and Spanish provide valuable instructions. User slips card over the shower head and after each examination, punches out appropriate month. Includes instructions for exams in the shower, before a mirror and lying down. Promote breast cancer awareness month with this great product. Shower card make powerful breast cancer awareness tools.
This publication helps the returning service member and the family handle reunions with as little stress as possible. Includes sections titled Especially For Partners Of Those Returning Home, Especially for Service Members Returning Home and how to Reconnect At Your Children's Pace. Readers will also find Stress-Relief Techniques, special advice for those Returning From A War Zone and tips on What Makes For A Successful Military Family.
Gives families valuable points to help them positively deal with deployment. Includes tips for deployed personnel and spouses on Pre-Deployment Planning (Financial Savvy, Legal Tasks and more), Handling Emergencies At Home, Dealing With Emotional Issues For Stay-At-Home Spouses, Deployment Parenting 10 (ways to ease the pain of separation for children) and more. Also contains Online Sources For Deployment Information.
Service members and families struggling to cope with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can find guidance in this 16-page booklet. It explains What Is PTSD?, What Are The Symptoms Of PTSD?, Why Is It Important To Seek Help?, What Is The Treatment For PTSD?, How Can Other Family Members Help?, and suggests Where To Go For Help. Also includes a Checklist of Trauma Symptoms to help service members begin to understand their emotions and reactions.