Educate children and adults about how to improve and maintain their health through sound diet and lifestyle choices. Raise nutrition and health awareness throughout your community with effective educational tools and incentives that encourage and promote healthy choices and habits for all ages.
* Highlights 100 foods, beverages, and spices that provide substantial health benefits, as well as ways to use and prepare it * Includes sections on Fruits, Vegetables, Grains and Proteins, and more * Four pages dedicated to Nutrient Listings, which includes 10 important nutrients (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Zinc, etc.) and a list of foods that are good sources of them * Easy-to-use listing is great for those wanting to incorporate specific nutrients into their diet * Several pages offer tips for eating out and snacking in healthy ways, and offer guidance on how to control portion size
* Features 24 popular, low-cost restaurants, from Burger King ® and Taco Bell ® to Pizza Hut ® and Dunkin' Donuts ® * 36-page guide, updated with the latest menu choices, gives the calorie, fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrate and fiber counts for over 1,000 foods and drinks. * Compare nutrition information and make smart choices in fast-food and take-out meals.
Help youngsters understand the basics of healthy eating. Book's fun activities make it easy to learn: * How the new MyPlate icon can help them eat healthy at every meal * What the food groups are and which foods are their best choice in each * How to snack for good health * Why choose water over sweetened drinks * How to enjoy fruits and veggies more * What to eat at fast food restaurants * And much more. Encourages healthy habits for life. (Grades: K-3)
* A useful reference guide to more than 800 common foods * Gives calories, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrates and fiber for each food, plus key facts about trans fats * All food groups are represented, as well as oils, beverages, frozen meals, desserts and sweets * Also includes U.S. Dietary Guidelines; Daily Calorie Finder; and more.
Child's plate has proportioned sections to make it simple for children to understand how to eat healthy by including major food groups at meals. Made of durable, BPA-free plastic, which is dishwasher-safe. Portion Meal Plate makes a great teaching tool in classrooms, at health fairs and everywhere else you want learning about healthy food choices to be fun. Comes with card to remind educators and parents of the key nutrition points youngsters should learn.
* Helps everyone lower their intake of calories, saturated fat, sodium and sugar while increasing fiber * Shows 50 simple substitutions to make while preparing food and the benefits of each. * Includes Tips For Healthier Cooking, such as Rinse canned seafood and canned vegetables to remove added sodium.
* Attractive handbook with full-color photos features simple nutrition tips using MyPlate guidelines that every busy family will benefit from * Gives money-saving advice on shopping and storing foods * Includes 14 quick, tasty, and healthy recipes * Sure to be used often, so your thoughtfulness is remembered.
* Our 4 popular nutrition tools will help everyone make healthy, emotional choices when preparing and enjoying snacks and meals * User-friendly pack includes our Busy Family's Guide To Healthy Delicious Meals For Less Guide, Building A Fit Family 10 Minutes At A Time Pocket Pal, Healthy Recipe Substitutions Magnetic Glancer and Make Every Plate For Your Family A Great Plate Pocket Pal * You'll save 10% off individual prices, and receive a FREE Wellness Works Goody Bag with each pack
* Pocket-sized teaching tool can help recipients decipher labels whenever they go food shopping. * Nutrition Facts panels are explained line by line, including Fat, Sodium, Cholesterol and more. * Tells how to read ingredients lists and gives definitions of the descriptive phrases found on many food packages * A must-have for anyone who wants to eat smart.
* Flexible, die-cut key tag displays a full-color replica of the MyPlate tool for adults * Visually demonstrates how to build a healthy, balanced meal in accordance with current USDA guidelines for adults * Easy-to-carry tag keeps a reminder of how to eat smart close at hand * Silver split metal key ring
* Easy-to-use 8-panel guide * Offers tips for smart snacking, including, Keep raw fruits and vegetables cut up and handy * Supplies information about avoiding empty calories * Includes listings of not-so-healthy snack options with healthier alternatives, along with the calorie, fat, and saturated fat content for each option
* 8-panel pocket pal includes 15 Ways To Be A Money-Smart, Health-Wise Food Shopper (i.e., Buy fruits and vegetables by the bag if possible, rather than by the piece). * Includes Cost-Saving Cooking Tips (i.e., Make extra when cooking a stew, casserole or pot of soup so it can be frozen and heated up for a future meal) * Consumers will appreciate the information for their health and their budget.
* Details how to order wisely at fast food restaurants * Tips include: Watch your portions; Order the smaller size, especially with burgers and fried foods; Split large or high fat items with a friend; Choose grilled, broiled, or roasted entrees, instead of those that are fried, battered or breaded; Don't add salt to fast food, which is already high in sodium;And 5 more
* Makes people aware that beverages can account for a large percentage of daily calories * Encourages everyone to choose water over high-calorie and sugary drinks * Discusses the downside of sugar, found in most soda, sweet tea, lemonade, juice, sports drinks, energy drinks, coffee drinks, and more * Gives tips for selecting healthier beverages * Lists the many benefits of water, plus ways to drink more water each day
Discover the calories, sodium, total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol count of over 100 fast food favorites at the 8 most popular fast-food restaurants in the U.S. The list: * Burgers * French Fries * Fried chicken * Milk shakes * Pizza * Salads * Tacos * and much more. The back features healthful hints to help lower fat and cholesterol intake when eating out. Personalization not available in quantities 25-149
* Wallet-sized teaching tool can help parents make healthy, creative lunches for their children * Outlines USDA guildelines for healthy meals * Includes 10 recipes for fun lunch ideas including Bagel Bites, Wacky Waldorf Salad, Almond Elvis Rolls, Spicey Ricey, Sanwich Sushi and more * Lists over a dozen healthy snack ideas from Almonds to Whole-Wheat Pretzels * Reminds parents to select healthy beverages like water, fat-free or low-fat milk, or 100% fruit juice
* Shaker with standard slogan holds up to 4 cups * Reusable fork slides in and out of lid * Removable dressing container nestled in lid-holds up to 4 tablespoons of dressing * Frosted base with white lid and green accents * Magnet instructs recipients on How To Build A Better Salad, listing healthy choices to mix and match from 5 food groups
* Virtually unbreakable Tritan ® bottle holds 25 ounces * BPA-free and won't absorb orders; rubber non-slip grip * Built-in flip-up spout * Front features 4 reasons to choose water, the natural, calorie-free thirst quencher