* Helps kids discover all the healthcare helpers who keep them well * Children relate these "buddies" to their own experiences, so this book is a natural giveaway for health professionals * Buddies include Doctors; Nurses; X-ray technologists; Emergency Medical Service technicians; Physical therapists; Pharmacists (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Features Timmy the Dinosaur and his friend Tina, who didn't want to wear a helmet! How she learned her lesson is sure to have a lasting impact on children. Other lessons include: * What to check on a bike before you ride * How to wear a helmet properly * How to use a bike hand signals and obey traffic rules * For grades 1-3.
Teaches children how to protect themselves from abuse by "bad" strangers. Presented in a non-threatening manner for children. Topics include: * How to avoid "tricks" strangers may use * What to do (and not do) in the street, in stores and at home alone * Good vs. bad touching * Phone smarts and how to use 9-1-1 * People to talk to if the child needs help. 16 pages. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Includes the latest Centers for Disease Control guidelines for education on being tobacco-free and a "tobacco-free" pledge for kids to sign after they finish the book * Shows children Why it's smart not to start smoking cigarettes or using other forms of tobacco; How smoking can hurt them and interfere with sports and other activities. (Grades: 1-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* Informative book offers 101 things youngsters should know about tobacco that will encourage them to stay tobacco-free * Topics include Tobacco's harmful ingredients: its effects on health and appearance; Nicotine addiction; The tricks of tobacco advertising; How much tobacco use costs; Dangers of secondhand smoke; and more * Grades 4-6
Helps children learn about their local police officers. Topics include: * What a police officer does * What makes up an officer's uniform * How officers are human, with families of their own * How someone becomes a police officer. Bilingual version in both English and Spanish (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Teaches each child, "Your body is special and it's all yours!" Includes: * The difference between good and bad touches * What to say if someone makes them feel upset with touches or requests touches * Who to confide in if they need help * How to get away from people who make them feel uncomfortable. Includes both English and Spanish versions. Grades: K-3.
* A great introduction to general good health * Features good habits like Washing hands; Brushing teeth; Bathing; Exercising; Eating properly; Having regular medical checkups; Taking medicine when needed; Covering your mouth when sneezing; Getting enough sleep. Includes both English and Spanish. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
* Children share the adventures of Timmy and Tina as they go to the emergency room * Includes simple text, delightful drawings and many easy-to-do activities * Teach young kids about The people who work in the emergency room; The equipment they'll see; The procedures they'll encounter. Bilingual version in both English and Spanish. (Grades: K-3) Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Builds the self-esteem and morale of children who have one or both parents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. The book points out some of the special circumstances military kids deal with and how these can be seen as exciting challenges and advantages, such as traveling to other cities and countries and getting to meet different kinds of people. With fun and engaging activities and simple text. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
This easy-to-read book was written for children whose parent is soon to return home from deployment. It tells children what they can expect and how they help make the homecoming a celebration. Reunion is often a time of stress and adjustment for families, and the book also helps children identify and deal with their own feelings. For grades K-3. Personalization not available in quantities 25-99
Explains the dangers of fire and teaches children to stay away from matches, lighters, candles, stoves, and other sources of flames. Plus, kids learn how to call 9-1-1, how to escape a fire safely, and more. Your own personal message is imprinted on front cover. For grades 1 -2.
* A friendly bar of soap (Splish) and drop of water (Splash) show that when they get together, magic happens in the form of clean, healthy hands * Simple text and activities teach kids how and when to wash their hands, why hand hygiene is so important and other ways they can keep germs from spreading. (Grades: K-3)